Friday, May 27, 2011

People are Strange

People are strange this is a fact. It is also a song by The Doors. It is true though to the outsider when observing other people you do not know they come off as strange. The funny thing to me is that even people I do know and have known for years especially family are strange to me.

I was raised by my aunt and uncle. Sadly my uncle passed away tragically on vacation in Colorado. He suffered a heart attack and died. After a long day of skiing in the Rockies he decided to go for a job on the treadmill. He was a runner, participating in multiple marathons in NYC, Boston, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. to name a few. My aunt was a bit on the crazy side then but when she came back from that vacation was never the same.

The strange part is that she never showed any emotion. We never talked about what had transpired or how each other felt. She didnt ask me and I tried to ask her and she would become violently angry and try to move on. I grew behaviors to scream out "I NEED HELP" such as drinking rapid weight loss and never being home. When relatives asked she said that I was fine. The replies would always be fine? How could he be fine?

Instead of asking me however this is why in my opinion people are strange. Even family members can be strange. They took about 4 years later to ask me if I was ok, I still was not ok. I moved out started to live on my own and obtained a job as an Instructional Designer for a Housing developer. After six months I was let go and have not had a full time job in about a year. My family knows I am living off of my savings but do not offer any help.

I have sent them my resumes they are all business people and I have not yet had one phone call. However my cousin needed an internship she has a full ride to Rutgers University and they were very quick to come to her aid. Is it because I am adopted in a sense by my aunt and uncle and not a true member of the family. Sometimes they make me feel like a ghost. To me this is why people are strange, when you're a stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment